Welcome to At Home with Mrs Blake
Hi! I’m Vikki – the blogger behind the At Home with Mrs Blake website. I am also a mother to one and an experienced family worker. I have been listening to, playing with, supporting, and advocating for families since 2014. Here are some facts about me:
I am a first time mum living in Scotland with my husband and son.
I completed my undergraduate degree in Psychology and went onto complete a masters in Augmentative & Alternative Communication.
I have worked in several family support roles specialising in additional support needs, positive behaviour management, communication and early years development.
What is At Home with Mrs Blake all about?
In a nutshell – online Family Support!
We all need to keep feeding our families with love, rest, play and care. I know that parenting is a huge responsibility and it can often feel emotionally draining and exhausting. But it is possible to find a balance!
- Do you want to know what your child needs to develop?
- Do you need more ideas for how to play and stimulate learning at home?
- Are you sick of wasting money on junk toys and cluttering up the house?
- Would you love to get your kids away from the screen and back to active play?
- Are you exhausted with parenting and need to find your mojo again?
Sign up to my newsletter & get everything you need straight to your inbox!#
I am here to help…
So if you’re desperate for parenting strategies, in need of play ideas, looking for learning resources, or simply interested in hearing a few self care hints and tips, then head over to the blog and start reading NOW!
Join the Virtual Village
You can also join our At Home With Mrs Blake Community Group where like-minded parents share ideas, enjoy connection and find support. So come and join us and find the support you are looking for now!
You already know how important your job as a parent is, but I want to show you just how much FUN it can be!
How did At Home with Mrs Blake start?
This blog began when I became a parent in 2019. Playing with my son was always a priority for me, because I knew just how important play was for his development. While I was on maternity leave, the Coronavirus pandemic hit and I realised that many new parents were coping without their village! So I created At Home with Mrs Blake as a place to share activities and inspiration with the wider parenting community.
Play isn’t just about entertainment. It is the way your child learns about and connects with the world around them. I can show you how quality time spent playing is an investment. It will enhance your relationship, help you and your child build a strong attachment, and even help to prevent behaviour problems. The activity ideas on my blog will also support your child’s physical, cognitive, social and emotional development too. You can expect homemade play ideas, gentle parenting strategies, realistic self-care advice and more!
The Virtual Village
We all know that well known phrase “it takes a village to raise a child.” But many of us are left wondering what happened to our village? Modern parents are raising children in ever increasing isolation. So it is really important that we find new ways to pass on parenting knowledge and provide that essential emotional support to one another, as we raise the next generation. My hope is that At Home with Mrs Blake can be there for you too!
How do i get started?
So now you now who I am and what At Home with Mrs Blake is all about, it’s time to get stuck in!
- First up, make sure you sign up to my newsletter to get all the latest blog posts, freebies, activity ideas and printables straight to your inbox! >>> SIGN ME UP!
- Then join our AHWMB Community Group to get that all important connection with other parents >>> JOIN THE VIRTUAL VILLAGE
- Third, remember that this is your unique parenting journey! So please email me your questions and let me know what topics and freebies would suit your family best! >>> EMAIL ME NOW
Now you are all set, so jump on over to the blog and start reading!